Docker is a container platform that’s similar to a virtual machine. Docker allows you to run software, applications, and even operating systems like Ubuntu from an isolated environment. Refer to Docker’s Overview guide to learn more.
Our development and production Docker images provide a fast, easy way to run the WAX Blockchain in minutes. You can also use our Docker images to build and deploy smart contracts.
Using our Docker environment offers the following benefits:
- Adds convenience and speed to your development efforts
- Eliminates the need to manage source code
- Eliminates the need to meet our Supported Operating Systems requirements
- Doesn’t overwrite an existing installation of Leap
- Makes it easy to upgrade and try out new features
- Makes it easy to switch between production and development environments
Below is a list of our core Docker images. For a complete list, refer to waxteam - Docker Repositories.
|waxteam/dev||This development image includes everything you need to get the WAX Blockchain up and running. You can use this image to run a WAX node, create a local development environment, and create and compile smart contracts using the WAX Contract Development Toolkit (WAX-CDT).|
|waxteam/cdt||Use this image to create and compile smart contracts using the WAX Contract Development Toolkit (WAX-CDT). This image does not allow you to run a WAX node or use Blockchain Tools.||waxteam/production||It's recommended that you use our production docker images to run a production node. Refer to Running a WAX node for more information.</tr>|