You can easily create non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the WAX Blockchain using the Simple Assets smart contract.
Simple Assets is a standard developed by CryptoLions, an EOS and WAX block producer. Using the Simple Assets smart contract, you can quickly create in-game items, cards, stickers, and other unique collectibles.
In this guide, you’ll learn how the Simple Assets smart contract works and use our step-by-step guide to create an NFT on the WAX Blockchain. If you’d like to jump right to the code, refer to Use Simple Assets.
How it Works
The Simple Assets smart contract offers several actions to help you create and manage digital assets on the WAX Blockchain, including the ability to:
- Create and transfer assets
- Search for and display asset info
- Update certain asset attributes
The following video from Simple Assets demonstrates the core functionality of the Simple Assets smart contract.
Before You Begin
- You’ll need to complete our Docker Quickstart (recommended).
- To compile your smart contract, you’ll need to use WAX-CDT.
- To deploy your smart contract to the WAX mainnet, you’ll need to create a self-managed WAX Blockchain Account.